Author Topic: application error on startup  (Read 163 times)

robbyt555

• View Profile
application error on startup
« on: February 13, 2018, 12:42:11 PM »
Ever ince the MM update on January 18th, I haven't been able to open the application without encountering an error. See capture. The program doesn't tell me what the error is, it just brings up a dialogue requesting feedback to autodesk. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times...I've tried removing and modifying the Application settings file (C:\Users\RT\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk). Nothing works and I keep encountering the same error on startup of the MM app. What am I missing?

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: application error on startup
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 05:51:55 PM »
Hmm, strange... seems you are on WIN (which version?).
Unfortunately the screenshot you refer to is missing.

Sounds you had a working MM installation of a previous version (which one?).

Did you already try to update your GPU drivers?

I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

robbyt555

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 11:24:49 AM »
Hello,
Thanks for your response. Yes, I'm running Windows 10 home version and prior to the upgrade on Jan 18 I was using Meshmixer successfully for more than 2 years. It was set to auto-update and had done so previously. I'm assuming it was always current version.
I have not updated any drivers. Not sure what GPU stands for...

FYI, I'm also running Autodesk Fusion 360 on the same computer and prior to the issues, also had the Autodesk Desktop App installed. I uninstalled that when I began troubleshooting the issues as I'm not really sure what that does.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

robbyt555

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »
FYI, I wanted to post a picture of the error message but not sure how to attach an image or file to this message...It says it's an Unhandled Exception error.

robbyt555

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 11:47:09 AM »
After reading a few of the articles in this forum I'm wondering if it's possible to revert to an older version of MM for WIN 10? I've looked for that download but I'm not sure if it's available...

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:17 PM »
First thing I would do is to update the graphic card's driver (GPU) for this is required to run 3.2 and above.

To attach some image here expand AdditionalOptions on the "Post Reply" page. .jpg, .gif and .png  should work.

MM 3.1 is still online:
Meshmixer3.1 WIN 64

I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

robbyt555

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »
Thanks again for the advise. I'll try to update the driver. If that doesn't work I'll try reverting back to previous version. I've attached the graphic of the error details.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »
Before downgrading you might also try solutions as mentioned in MM's FAQs:
http://meshmixer.com/faq.html

robbyt555

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 03:28:46 PM »
Yes, I saw that FAQ and followed their recommendations previously...did not work in my case.
FYI, I checked for updates to the GPU and it's the latest and greatest for my card.
I've now downgraded to version 3.1 and everything is working now. Frustrating, but I'm glad to finally have MM functionality back. Thanks for your help with the link!

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 05:42:56 PM »
Would be interesting to see if it's the upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 which causes your trouble.

Could you try upgrading MM step by step?

Meshmixer3.2 WIN 64
Meshmixer3.3 WIN 64