Author Topic: Meshmixer Training  (Read 894 times)

AndreVZyl

• View Profile
Meshmixer Training
« on: December 13, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »
Good Afternoon All,

I have been doing some searching for Meshmixer training and came upon the following site: - https://education.honeypoint3d.com/p/3d-printing-and-3d-design-using-autodesk-meshmixer - has anybody bought this course and if so, was it worth US$79? I would also like to know if Autodesk is aware of this training material and if so, do they consider it legitimate?

Kind Regards,
Andre'

RS

• Meshmixer Product Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Meshmixer Training
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:04:54 PM »
Hi Andre,

This is a comprehensive course. It might not cover the latest changes in Meshmixer but it's a good start.
I think you can preview some of the video chapters before buying it.
You can reach out to Nick Kloski (nkloski user in this forum), he is teaching it. Nick also holds monthly webinars where he answers questions about Meshmixer and other things.
/End of plug :)

Enjoy the training!

RS

rowiac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 12:04:21 AM »
Andre',

I purchased the class and have found it to be well worth the cost.   Nick is a good instructor and provides clear instruction.  As RS mentioned, a number of the lessons are free to watch, so you can decide if they are good enough for you to spend some money on to be able to watch the rest.

If you are in the US, local libraries often offer free access to Lynda.com training classes by using your library card number to log in.  Nick has recently placed a couple of shorter Meshmixer courses on there as well.

AndreVZyl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 04:07:31 AM »
Hi RS and rowiac,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to reply to my query. It is greatly appreciated !
I live in South Africa so the course would cost me over 1,000 South African Rands - that is why I thought I would ask in this forum first.
I do not paying the money (although expensive for our part of the world, LOL) now that I have had confirmation from you that it is legit and obviously worth the money.
I hope you do not mind me asking one further question. If one has paid for the course can one refer back to any portion of the curriculum at any time - or is this a cost for a once off partaking in the course and then it expires?

rowiac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 01:19:12 AM »
Andre',

You pay once and you can watch the videos as many times as you like.  As far as I know the subscription does not expire.

AndreVZyl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 01:35:19 PM »
Apologies for the delay with this comment about the MeshMixer course and more importantly, the knowledge that Nick provides is outstanding to say the least !!!! Anybody considering using MeshMixer (beginner to advanced) - BUY BUY BUY this course !!! I have learnt so much in such a short time period (remember that this learning curve was taking place during the Holiday Season) that I am improving my models at an unbelievable pace! I am of the opinion that we should all give a BIG thank you to Autodesk as well for making such a powerful program available for free! Just so that you all know - I am not on Nick or Autodesk's payroll -  ;D ;D ;D but I had to post this as an assurance to anybody considering buying the course.