Author Topic: Extrude Crashes Program  (Read 111 times)

ashmac1016

• View Profile
Extrude Crashes Program
« on: November 29, 2017, 03:02:33 PM »
I have been working on a project creating 3D models of landscapes using photogrammetry. We want to print the models we make, which means I need to extrude it to a flat base. Meshmixer makes this easy using the Extrude function, but I am unable to use it for my latest model.

I import the model, trim it using Plane Cuts, then select all > edit > extrude, and the second I click "Accept" the program crashes and an Autodesk report window pops up. I have tried reducing the file and scaling it down, but nothing works. Does anyone know why the program keeps crashing? Is there something I can do?

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Extrude Crashes Program
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 04:25:57 PM »
Does ANALYSIS/Inspector detect some mesh errors (except the outer boundary - which should be marked blue)?

Can you close the outer boundary using Inspector. If yes, you could extrude the patch filling the hole...
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

RS

• Meshmixer Product Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 02:21:36 PM »
Does it happen with just one model?

ashmac1016

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:52:33 AM »
There is one model it happens with consistently, yes. I've tried reducing the size, I even recreated the model from scratch. It still crashes every time. There are no detected mesh errors.