Author Topic: Creating a bite  (Read 84 times)

Apollogenic

• View Profile
Creating a bite
« on: October 10, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »
Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to create a bite between two orthodontics stl files but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that. I upload files move them apart a bit then I add a meshmix in between but I can't figure out how to get the impressions of the teeth to stay on the added meshmix.

I've been looking through the forums and haven't found anything too similar to this so any help would be greatly appriciated

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a bite
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 04:28:19 PM »
Something like this?:

After making the gap between upper and lower part.
1. Activate both parts (Shift+LMB-click to activate a second object) and run EDIT/Combine;
2. Create the "wax" object to bite (Here I used a scaled MESHMIX pimitive cube pasted as a separate object > Set CreateNewObject as CompositionMode)
3. Check the meshs' densities: Hit W to show the wireframe. Densities should be almost the same on teeth and wax
4. As there's to low density on the wax: A quick way get a higher density on the wax is to run MakeSolid  and adjust SolidAccuracy and MeshDensity.
Now activate the wax first and after that (with Shift+LMB-click) the teeth object
5. Run EDIT/BooleanDifference and you should get the bite in the wax (6)
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

Apollogenic

• View Profile
Re: Creating a bite
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »
Fantastic! Thank you very much, I really appreciate the help