Author Topic: about rearranging the object browser  (Read 125 times)

ufaforwork2

• View Profile
about rearranging the object browser
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:04:56 AM »
Hi there, My name's Thierry
?????ufabet
I've been working in Meshmixer for a while and this has always been something I have been wondering, even before it updated.
Is there away to rearrange objects in the object browser list? Reason why I ask is that before I found that if I tried to do a boolean union for some objects and one happens to be further down on the list, both objects vanish and gives me an error. I'm not 100% sure if this is due to whee the objects are in the object browser or some other issue but it's quite annoying to deal with
???????ufabet

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: about rearranging the object browser
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »
Hi Thierry,

sorry, no way to rearrange the MM's native objects browser list. If you're on macOS you might try my MM Scene Manager app I posted here: http://meshmixerforum.com/index.php?topic=4703.0

I don't think that a boolean error is related to the order of the objects in the objects browser. Behind the GUI MM identifies objects just by ID numbers... Could you post screenshots or a .mix file of what you're trying?
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.