Author Topic: Moving the soft transform widget pivot ...+1  (Read 99 times)

ibonneau

• View Profile
Moving the soft transform widget pivot ...+1
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:22:11 AM »
Hey,

A couple of questions that might be obvious to you guys  8) 8) but are really getting in my way of using MM:

1. Can't seem to find how to move the soft transform widget's pivot after making a selection... tried creating a pivot in the Edit menu but wasn't able to select it after......

2. The model that I'm working on is sort of a web of tubes (the tubes have wall thickness), is there a way to brush select the inner surface of the tube when I select the outer one ? even when I turn 'allow back faces' to on it doesn't do the trick.... :o

Thanks to any1 wiling to help :)

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving the soft transform widget pivot ...+1
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:29:20 AM »
ad 1.: Sorry, atm Pivots are only supported on transforming a total object, not based on a selection.

ad 2.: In SELECT change the BrushMode from default UnwrapBrush to either SphereBrush or SphereDiskBrush. Now anything inside the brushes sphere will be selected. So you've to make sure its radius being bigger than your wall thickness.
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.