Author Topic: Download older versions  (Read 1079 times)

werks3d

• View Profile
Download older versions
« on: July 05, 2017, 01:56:56 PM »
Hey there crew. I downloaded the latest update and it erased my prior version and this one is too buggy to be productive. Really need to backtrack and download and install onlder version asap as I have 100 scans that need working on asap. I reported the bugs I've encountered and asked for a link but no luck. Can't find on my own either. Urgently needing help. Mac OS X Thanks so much.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Download older versions
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 07:07:46 AM »
Unfortunately they removed older versions from MM's download page. Sorry.

Anyhow, should be no problem on macOS if you're using TimeMachine to backup your system. Simply restore Meshmixer.app (at a time before upgrading) to any location on your working system.

Just another hint to keep older versions on macOS:
Do this before running a new installer.
- rename Meshmixer.app (e.g. to MeshmixerA.app)
- move MeshmixerA.app to trash. This has to be done to save it.
Now run the new installer. This results in a new Meshmixer.app
- restore MeshmixerA.app from trash

I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 08:10:56 AM »
If you wish to downgrade from 3.2 to 3.1. MM3.1 is still online:
Meshmixer3.1 MacOS

Oh, and please do not post the same issue several times. I removed your doubled posts.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:15:00 AM by MagWeb »
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

werks3d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 06:11:20 PM »

Good idea. Not sure if I've been time machining but will check. Thanks

Unfortunately they removed older versions from MM's download page. Sorry.

Anyhow, should be no problem on macOS if you're using TimeMachine to backup your system. Simply restore Meshmixer.app (at a time before upgrading) to any location on your working system.

Just another hint to keep older versions on macOS:
Do this before running a new installer.
- rename Meshmixer.app (e.g. to MeshmixerA.app)
- move MeshmixerA.app to trash. This has to be done to save it.
Now run the new installer. This results in a new Meshmixer.app
- restore MeshmixerA.app from trash

werks3d

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »
Thanks will see if that helps my issues. And yea sorry but wasn't getting a response. Won't do that anymore although I just did before seeing this. Doh!!

Meshmixer3.1 MacOS

Oh, and please do not post the same issue several times. I removed your doubled posts.

werks3d

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 06:32:49 PM »
3.1 has the same issues unfortunately. Here are the issues I'm having to work around. Expand selection key command not working as well as a few other key commands and most importantly visibility has changed and i can't really see whats going on inside my models. see attached images.

So no link to a legacy version 3.0?

thanks

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 08:25:08 PM »
No clue about your screenshots. What did you do to get "Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 4.27.44 PM.png" from "Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 4.27.37 PM.png" ?
I'm  running MM on different MAC machines without such problems.
Seems you simply made the object non-visible (check ObjectBrowser). If you hide an active object it is rendered this way as a ghost.

But maybe a GPU issue as well:
What macOS version are you running? As Apple ships latest drivers (you need latest GPU drivers) within their OS updates you should make sure to update macOS to its latest version.

Well, "<" and ">" to expand a selection are broken on macOS in the current 3.2 version. As an alternative you may use RMB drag. This needs MM to be set at meshmixer-navigation-mode (> menu: Meshmixer/Preferences: GeneralTab/NavigationMode).

Other broken key commands? What does not work on your system?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:36:28 PM by MagWeb »

werks3d

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »
No clue about your screenshots. What did you do to get "Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 4.27.44 PM.png" from "Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 4.27.37 PM.png" ?

I'm  running MM on different MAC machines without such problems.
Seems you simply made the object non-visible (check ObjectBrowser). If you hide an active object it is rendered this way as a ghost.

__Toggle Visibility. Prior versions of MM displayed a more "X-ray" type view now it is just to washed out to really see what is going on especially inside an object. I can not obviously show what that used to look like but i did find and image online that shows what mm used to show toggling the viability.

But maybe a GPU issue as well:
What macOS version are you running? As Apple ships latest drivers (you need latest GPU drivers) within their OS updates you should make sure to update macOS to its latest version.

__Latest OS

Well, "<" and ">" to expand a selection are broken on macOS in the current 3.2 version. As an alternative you may use RMB drag. This needs MM to be set at meshmixer-navigation-mode (> menu: Meshmixer/Preferences: GeneralTab/NavigationMode).

__Yes this could be a work around for now. Thanks

Other broken key commands? What does not work on your system?

__Ill document shortly

__ Attached screen grabs of system information for you.

So there is no way to get 3.0 or 2.9?

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 03:56:11 PM »
Yes, XRay shading changed with 3.1.. (Better to use the XRAY shader in Shaders)
Now its shaded not just transparent any more and, which might be handy in your case, it now renders face groups.
You might try this:
Run EDIT/Separate to split the object to not connected pieces. Via ObjectBrowser activate all objects (click the first and shift+click the last) and run EDIT/Combine.
This way you get a different group for each isolated piece.
Now make sure that face group rendering is active (menu: Meshmixer/Preferences > activate GroupColor in MeshColorMode on the General tab) and you might detect not connected inside stuff much better.

Another handy thing since 3.1:
3.0 only allowed one shader in the scene. 3.1+ assign shaders to the objects (dragging it onto an object changes only this one, dragging it to empty space changes all not yet shader-assigned objects) so you may use transparent for outside stuff and opaque for inside stuff (as above this requires separated objects).

------
@ dual GPU handling on MacBookPros:
To save battery power macOS automatically switches to the discreet GPU only if there's some need. To get the best GPU performance you may try to switch off this automatic. This makes the GT750M be powered on all time. Here's more info and a HowTo

werks3d

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »
Thanks a bunch MagWeb. These are great tis and workarounds . Appreciate it. Now back to 100 hours of cleanup. lol

Yes, XRay shading changed with 3.1.. (Better to use the XRAY shader in Shaders)
Now its shaded not just transparent any more and, which might be handy in your case, it now renders face groups.
You might try this:
Run EDIT/Separate to split the object to not connected pieces. Via ObjectBrowser activate all objects (click the first and shift+click the last) and run EDIT/Combine.
This way you get a different group for each isolated piece.
Now make sure that face group rendering is active (menu: Meshmixer/Preferences > activate GroupColor in MeshColorMode on the General tab) and you might detect not connected inside stuff much better.

Another handy thing since 3.1:
3.0 only allowed one shader in the scene. 3.1+ assign shaders to the objects (dragging it onto an object changes only this one, dragging it to empty space changes all not yet shader-assigned objects) so you may use transparent for outside stuff and opaque for inside stuff (as above this requires separated objects).

------
@ dual GPU handling on MacBookPros:
To save battery power macOS automatically switches to the discreet GPU only if there's some need. To get the best GPU performance you may try to switch off this automatic. This makes the GT750M be powered on all time. Here's more info and a HowTo

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 07:24:43 PM »
Thanks for your PM.
Now I understand you're trying to get rid of connected internal surfaces.

Some options:
1. Go back to your or some mesh constructing software and try to modify its parameters so it fills those "holes" (e.g. a bigger ball in a BallPivoting mesh reconstruction as doable in Meshlab)
2. In MM you might sample several SelectVisibles and invert this selection to discard internal stuff. Here I posted a mmapi script which samples a 360° turn automatically (and other neat things):http://meshmixerforum.com/index.php?topic=2952.msg7117#msg7117
3. Using an +-Offset-MakeSolid attempt in MM (my way of choice):
- judge or measure the radius of the "holes"
- Go to EDIT/MakeSolid
- Set its SolidType to Accurate. This enables the Offset slider. Now set this Offset value to a positive value a bit bigger than the "holes" radius. You might need to increase SolidAccuracy and MeshDensity to get satisfying results. Hit Update and Accept. This results in a watertight offset shell.
- Now with this result active go to MakeSolid again. Set its SolidType to Accurate. This time set the Offset value to the very same, but negative value. Again you might need to increase SolidAccuracy and MeshDensity to get satisfying results. Hit Update and Accept. This results in a watertight shell near your source mesh but without "holes" (if you judged the radius right).
- Go to SELECT, select some area of the outer surface and hit "E" to expand to connected. Hit "I" to invert and if there's still something inside discard it hitting "X".
- optional: As your source mesh is still available set it as a target and use SCULPT/Attract brush to reconstruct details.

werks3d

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 01:41:29 AM »
how do you use this script? not familiar thanks

Thanks for your PM.

Some options:
1. Go back to your or some mesh constructing software and try to modify its parameters so it fills those "holes" (e.g. a bigger ball in a BallPivoting mesh reconstruction as doable in Meshlab)
2. In MM you might sample several SelectVisibles and invert this selection to discard internal stuff. Here I posted a mmapi script which samples a 360° turn automatically (and other neat things):http://meshmixerforum.com/index.php?topic=2952.msg7117#msg7117
- Go to EDIT/MakeSolid
- Set its SolidType to Accurate. This enables the Offset slider. Now set this Offset value to a positive value a bit bigger than the "holes" radius. You might need to increase SolidAccuracy and MeshDensity to get satisfying results. Hit Update and Accept. This results in a watertight offset shell.
- Now with this result active go to MakeSolid again. Set its SolidType to Accurate. This time set the Offset value to the very same, but negative value. Again you might need to increase SolidAccuracy and MeshDensity to get satisfying results. Hit Update and Accept. This results in a watertight shell near your source mesh but without "holes" (if you judged the radius right).
- Go to SELECT, select some area of the outer surface and hit "E" to expand to connected. Hit "I" to invert and if there's still something inside discard it hitting "X".
- optional: As your source mesh is still available set it as a target and use SCULPT/Attract brush to reconstruct details.

werks3d

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 02:31:51 AM »
getting python error:IndentationError: unexpected indent

e = mmapi.vec3f()
^

Thanks for your PM.

Some options:
- Go to EDIT/MakeSolid

cellocgw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 10:29:05 PM »
Meshmixer3.1 MacOS

FWIW,  most all versions are at that location.  Just edit the URL to "...Meshmixer_vXpY... "