Author Topic: MM3.1 and MM3.2 Crashed on launch, fixed using MM3.0 installer  (Read 378 times)

techknight

• View Profile
We're teaching 3D stuff to kids, and my boss bought a couple of Asus X541NA-RS01-CB that were on sale so to accommodate some extra seats.

Meshmixer 3.1 and 3.2 both crashed on launch, after the clicking through Accept/Decline license screen. The laptops normally ship (and crash) with Asus-certified Intel drivers v16.4534.02. (Also they're Windows 10 Home 64-bit, just for reference)

Later I tried the troubleshooting steps indicated in the FAQ, and manually installed generic Intel graphics drivers 16.4678 on to them to no avail.

I was about to report that I had to downgrade them to MM3.0 for now, but when I was installing it I noticed something.. The 3.0 installer indicated that it was installing the VC++ 2012 redistridutable. After launching 3.0 and verifying that it worked, I immediately installed 3.2 and it no longer crashed on start.

There is some weirdness where the File etc menu bar is not visible, but Sculptris is also having a slightly-downshifted UI issue on these laptops so I will go back to the Asus-certified drivers and maybe check if there's  a DPI issue or something going on in the Windows 10 Creators Update.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:36:56 PM by techknight »

techknight

• View Profile
Ah, yeah, going back to the Asus-certified Intel drivers fixed the shifted UI thing for both Meshmixer and Sculptris. So, the only problem that seems to be an issue was that MM3.1 and MM3.2 were not installing the VC++ 2012 redistributable, which was fixed by using the MM3.0 installer and then upgrading to 3.2.