Author Topic: Meshmixer 3.2.37 not running  (Read 285 times)

Ray2409

• View Profile
Meshmixer 3.2.37 not running
« on: May 09, 2017, 01:37:58 PM »
After using Meshmixer for a few years I updated to version 3.2.37 recently. I installed the program and can open it in Windows 7 64 bit. However when I try to Import a file I have used before without problem I get a message 'computing' or sometimes 'generating mesh'. These disappear from the screen without action and even if left for hours nothing further happens.
If I return to the program to import a file again I am asked if I want to append or replace? Again nothing happens.
If I look at the log it shows all the files I have tried to import or open.
Has anyone experienced this and can help me please?
Regards

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Meshmixer 3.2.37 not running
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »
Reminds me on an issue I had with a former version (guess this was some MM 1.x version). There the files were loaded but were not rendered.
So it would be interesting to see if the box at the bottom right lists some vertices and tris, if the object browser lists this object or if you are able to export the file.

Can you load different formats as .obj or .mix? Can you load the default objects from the startup splash screen?
Did you already try to drag different Shaders onto the scene?
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

Ray2409

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 12:52:59 PM »
Many thanks for your response. Answering your questions in order: Any file I try to load is listed at the top of the MM screen but there is nothing at the bottom right. Even though there was no model displayed when I tried to 'save' it did bring up the box and went through the saving process. Of course when I tried to open the saved file nothing was displayed.
I can not open any file format, .obj, .mix or .stl.
No the default objects do not load, even though their name appears at the top of the screen after I try to open them.
I just tried dragging different Shaders from the list but nothing happens.
Regards
Ray

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 04:10:38 PM »
So export works and the created file owns some content (check its file size please)?

Can you switch on the grid (menu:View/ShowGrid) or the printer's build volume (menu:View/ShowPrinterBed)? Does ObjectBrowser list the file (menu:View/ShowObjectsBrowser).
The box displaying numbers of tris and vertices might just be closed. If so there should be a tiny dark grey rectangle in the lower right corner. Click to expand.

There were some changes in OpenGL stuff. That's why I think this is related to rendering.
Did you already try to switch to basic rendering (see Preferences/General tab)?
What's your graphics card? Check if there are new drivers available (3.2 release notes say it requires updating the GPU driver)

I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

Ray2409

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 07:05:27 AM »
MagWeb
many thanks for your further a help. I worked through your suggestions/questions one by one and nothing made any difference, that is until I changed to Basic rendering and restarted. On importing a model MM went through 'computing' etc. but this time displayed a grid plus the model. A quick analysis, overhangs, supports and it seems to work fine.
I will obviously test it further, but note it has crashed and closed a couple of times whilst I have been typing this response.
The graphics are those built in to my laptop, Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. I frequently check for any updated drivers.
regards

Ray2409

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »
I have loaded and imported models OK now but after a period whilst generating supports, during sampling ground plane the program stalls part way through and reports 'MM application file has stopped working' and the the program closes.
Can anyone help with this problem please? If you need further information please ask.
Regards
Ray