Author Topic: MeshMixer won't load  (Read 1039 times)

scifiman

• View Profile
MeshMixer won't load
« on: November 11, 2016, 04:45:01 PM »
[x-post from General Discussion.  Looked right over the bug reports section at first.]
Hi,

I administer a lab for our Art department.  We have MeshMixer installed but it won't load.  It has a problem with the folder in the user's document's folder and I get the window asking to "Install/Repair" "Exit" or "Redirect".
This happened once before when we upgraded from 2.9.1 to 3.0 but I was able to remove the meshmixer folder and let it recreate the folder.  This fix does not seem to be working in this scenario.
Are there any logs I can look at for MeshMixer to see what is going on?
Has anyone else run into this issue?  Our user's are standard, non-admin users.
The machines are iMacs running 10.10.5.

Thanks

UPDATE: Since my original post, I have taken 1 machine and installed the latest Beta as of today. (3.1.148).  No change in behavior on the machine.

scifiman

• View Profile
Re: MeshMixer won't load
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:17:57 PM »
This is ridiculous.  Someone please tell me where I can go for support for this product!
Between 2 posts I have had close to 50 views with no replies (except my own).  I can't find a contact email, phone number anything!  This product isn't even listed in Autodesk's support pages.  I can't submit a bug via the Help menu because I can't even load the program.

I have now tried v2.9, v3.0 and the beta v3.1 on 7 different computers and can not get it to load!!!  I'm about to give up on this software and move to something else if there's no support structure.
I have people wanting to use this and I've seen some really cool videos of it being used, but I can't get it to run.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 09:40:54 AM »
You're right, it is ridiculous that after RMS left Autodesk no official cares about this forum.

I said I'd not post here in this situation... anyhow:

Restoring the content of the MM folder in Documents never worked for me on OSX/macOS. You've to fix this issue manually. There are different topics here where we could fix this issue (e.g.: http://meshmixer.com/forum/index.php?topic=3264.msg7805#msg7805) All you need is this folder structure in a directory called "meshmixer" within the different Documents folders:

Even if those folders are empty MM should start. If it still shows the error message Redirect to the folder. But without content you miss default objects (Even the SplashScreen objects bunny,sphere and plane).
To get the default content you might copy the whole directory from some other machine (maybe even a WIN system). If you don't have a chance to do this recall and I 'll upload it to somewhere for it is too big in size to post it here.
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

drdcmadtt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 06:58:02 PM »
I also have this problem. The app crashes with out the aforementioned issues, but if i modify the contents of the folder then I get the 3 options. I'm running os x 10.12.1. Meshmixer 3. Anybody have any solutions?