Author Topic: beta 3.1.148  (Read 1845 times)

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
beta 3.1.148
« on: September 16, 2016, 10:57:58 AM »
we have posted a new update, 3.1.148 http://meshmixer.com/beta.html. This version does not have any significant feature additions, the main change is that we switched from Qt 4  (which is unsupported on all major OSs) to Qt5. I know it doesn't sound very exciting but it was a major change behind-the-scenes, that will improve stability going forward.

In particular this should resolve many OSX platform bugs, however it may introduce other issues. We have not done extensive testing, we are hoping you can help with that.

Unfortunately as part of this we had to drop support for 32-bit Windows, at least temporarily. Hoping to bring that back once we work out all the kinks.

Also, you might notice that the download on OSX has gotten enormous (250mb!!). We are currently including /all/ of Qt, not just what we are actually using - this will get sorted out in time.
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: beta 3.1.148
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 05:22:02 AM »
Installs and runs fine (so far) on macOS Sierra (10.12)
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 11:57:30 AM »
Talked to soon:
@ macOS Sierra:

A: My mid 2011 iMac (GPU: Radeon HD 6970 M)did its MM work fine until upgrading to Sierra. After upgrading, now MM only works with basic rendering.
B: On my mid 2010 MacPro at macOS Sierra (GPU Radeon HD 5870): MM works as usual (as tested so far) except some file menus as Preferences which doesn't pop up any more.....

On A: 3.0, 3.17 seem to work fine. 3.18+++ instead don't render anything (without enabling BasicRendering)

EDIT: Preferences dialog is missing on both machines. Instead clicking on menu:Meshmixer/Preferences switches to Analysis/UnitsDimensions.
The former Preferences entry in menu:flle isn't there any more.

EDIT II: Got system A to render shaders as well playing with the .ini. Maybe my issue was caused by several installations of MM ( different versions ) writing all to the very same ini...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 03:32:01 PM by MagWeb »
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 01:37:04 PM »
macOS: If I drag a shader and release the mouse while still being over the flyout, the shader icon is moved to the place where the mouse was released. One gets a pretty ugly flyout....

cew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 03:30:04 AM »
Nb  I had some menu and graphics issues (save, object browser ..) with this version.  The previous release (3.1.118) does not have these  bugs and has proven to be quite reliable  on a windows 10 64 bit pc.