Author Topic: Select All... with a twist  (Read 1225 times)

werks3d

• View Profile
Select All... with a twist
« on: August 18, 2016, 04:34:54 AM »
Trying to figure out how to select ONLY the exterior surface and delete everything/anything inside (visible).

This is in reference to a 3D Scan (of a person) that has loads of strange artifacts and geometry in the interior of the model. Right now i select visible rotate and select visible and so on and so on and so on. Very time consuming. If there was a way to select basically what is visible if you could see from every angle at one time. Rotating and selecting misses a lot of nooks and crannies as well. Any help would be great.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:37:05 AM by werks3d »

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Select All... with a twist
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 04:25:30 PM »
Seems you are talking about interior surfaces connected to the exterior for its easy to get rid of not connected stuff (select the exterior surface by expanding a small selection to connected tris (shortcut "E"), invert the selection ("I") and discard ("X") ).

For connected surfaces sampling "SelectVisible" is the one and only workflow MM provides atm. Here I posted a script that does that sampling automatically based on the MM API:http://meshmixer.com/forum/index.php?topic=2952.msg7117#msg7117. This spins around Y which might still miss some areas but you could complete it by adding a spin around X or Z...
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.