Author Topic: beta 3.1.106  (Read 3271 times)

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
beta 3.1.106
« on: April 21, 2016, 05:01:11 PM »
http://www.meshmixer.com/beta.html

- added read/write support for 3MF file format, with colors and uv-mapped textures
- new simplified Print UI/workflow
- new Send To Print Studio button for supported printers
- improvements to Optimize Mesh tool
- changed 123D auto-login to be deferred until accessing 123D. This removes startup delays and occaisional startup white-screen hangs.
- fixed crash when starting up without proxy server configured, when behind proxy
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: beta 3.1.106
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:06:13 PM »
MM starts up much faster now :)
Any reason why MakeSlices is missing in EDIT?
Small issue at the SendToPrintStudio button: Against the buttons above this owns a different font size and hovering over the button darkens the button but the labeltext's background stays bright here on OSX.
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 02:20:59 PM »
I didn't really check any of this on OSX, will have a look.

Make Slices is temporarily disabled because we restructured some internals and it is currently broken. Is this a tool you use frequently? Just curious.
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 05:02:24 PM »
No, I don't use MakeSlices that often. I just missed something watching the EDIT flyout.
Also I've to cut models very often I need cuts as tangential as possible to the surface to avoid undercuts for milling. So I use a cuboid with the desired thickness with two linked pivots A and B on opposite sides. I PlaneCut (keeping both) snapping it to pivot B and align the cuboid pivot A to pivot B to get parallel cuts.... This is more flexible.
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

amagro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 06:27:30 AM »
Hi,

I'm having some difficulties to put (Layout/Packing) a model in printer bed.
I thing it´s a beta issue, I already tried with MM_11.0.544 and the same model, and I don't have any problem.

Thanks

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:18:27 AM »
Here on MAC Layout/Packing works fine as long as you do not choose another printer while being in the tool.
If you set another printer while being in Layout/Packing the tool remembers the previous one and packs based on these data.
Leave the tool and enter it once again to get the right result.

Or do you have another problem?

amagro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 05:04:03 AM »
I'm still having the same problem, but only in the beta version.
Please download the stl file that give me this strange behaviour and see what's happen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hve6y6h0ajyb142/buz_bot.stl?dl=0

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 07:15:25 AM »
Yes, now I can confirm that issue.
This isn't related to your mesh, it isn't related to the format.
This behavior was introduced with beta 3.1.28 and its new PrinterSelection and still exists in current 3.1.118:

The problem seems to be that the object's World coordinates/Origin are not handled properly by the Packing tool.
To reproduce:
Start with the default sphere;
Set some printer visible;
In Preferences disable ResetCameraOnSceneChange (Just to see the result) and zoom out to see the printer in total.
Now translate that sphere out of the printers volume (It does not need to be out off the volume but just to see it easier).
Export the sphere to obj or stl (.mix works instead).
Import/Replace the export result. Note: Against disabled ResetCameraOnSceneChange the printer "jumps" a bit.
Now run Layout/Packing

Workaround:
If you Import/Append the export result to the scene or import some other offset object to a scene with a default sphere (which was imported to an empty scene) all works fine.

amagro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 12:19:46 PM »
Import issue - Scale Up

Meshmixer scale up some models when importing.

Basically I imported a folder with some models (and no problems) and then I imported (in the same project) another folder with more models, and some of them were scaled by Meshmixer. If I only import all the models of each folder individualy in diferent projects, there is no problem at all.

I send you a zip file with the two folders so you can see what is happening.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlrd1q2x2m9woqt/Ligadores%20Estruts.zip?dl=0

I tried in Meshmixer 11.0.544 and I didn't get any problems.

Edit1:

I'm still having this issue with 11.0.544 version.
Maybe it's related with my graphics card. When I first test in 11.0.544 was on another pc (win10 64bit; intel i3 core - 1.70GHz; Intel HD Graphics 4400), today a install meshmixer 11.0.544 on my pc and found that the beta issue is still in this version, so maybe the problem is on my pc (win10 64bit; intel i7 core - 2.40GHz ;Intel HD Graphics 5500).

Edit2:

I found that I have selected in preferences (on my pc) the "Don't Scale Models" in "Import", and Meshmixer did precisely the opposite, perhaps the bug is here.
Btw, the "Remember my choice" option in "Scale Up" window it seems that is not working.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:56:31 AM by amagro »

amagro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 12:41:51 PM »
Boolean Diferrence issue

After a boolean difference operation, an error occurs.

Meshmixer project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/17im6wfb40cjm03/lattice_connectors.zip?dl=0

Meshmixer 11.0.544 also have this problem.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:59:10 AM by amagro »

rizzo242

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 03:56:40 PM »
Very nice updates, I'm really impressed by how fast MM starts up now!

Thanks for the widows high density display "hack" - there's been no issues or functional changes when editing models. I only want to point out that the text and box sizes in the preferences window do not scale accordingly. Since I can't change the size of the window itself to accomodate, a good deal of the options are obscured/un-clickable.

Thanks!

Edit1:

I've also noticed that the Join tool is either failing or resulting in very strange self-intersecting meshes quite often. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Example screenshot attached
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:14:58 PM by rizzo242 »