Author Topic: Saving just supports  (Read 1616 times)

SunsetMan

• View Profile
Saving just supports
« on: February 16, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
I've been doing multiple versions of a iPhone 6 case. I do the supports in Meshmixer manually and have to re-do them for each new version. It would be nice to be able to save just the supports so I can re-use them with new versions of the case.

Thanks again for Meshmixer.

With any luck I've attached a pic of a case in the printer with supports.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:57:52 PM by SunsetMan »

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
Re: Saving just supports
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:02:04 PM »
Select your case and delete it. Now you just have the supports left. Export them, and then re-import them again later.

Right? Or am I missing something?
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

SunsetMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:17:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I could do that, but I could not select the case. Have you been able to do something like that?

ETA: I've been importing the case as a stl and adding supports. I can't seem to select the stl case.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:35:40 PM by SunsetMan »

SunsetMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 01:15:19 AM »
Thanks! I think it worked. I didn't understand you had to use the Select function. I thought I could just left click on the case.

I was able delete the old case and save the supports as a stl. I imported the supports and the new case and combined the objects. I then exported the result as a stl.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:40:29 AM by SunsetMan »