Author Topic: Multiple windows for manual support generation  (Read 2266 times)

SunsetMan

• View Profile
Multiple windows for manual support generation
« on: February 15, 2016, 09:52:32 PM »
Thanks for Meshmixer. I'd love to see at least one more window available to help me manually place the tip and the base for a support. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:57:46 PM by SunsetMan »

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
Re: Multiple windows for manual support generation
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:05:01 PM »
not sure what you mean by "window available"... ?
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

SunsetMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 06:56:10 PM »
not sure what you mean by "window available"... ?

An extra window (or view, viewport) so you'd have at least two. I go through a lot of trial and error manually placing supports with just one window since there is no depth perception. If I had two windows I'd have one looking normal to the part and another at a right angle to the first view. Please see attached edited screenshot for what I would want.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:16:53 PM by SunsetMan »

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »
OK, I understand. yes, multiple viewports would be great to have in lots of situations...perhaps someday. Unfortunately that requires quite a bit of architectural re-engineering, and we are in more of an "on-a-shoestring"-type situation =\
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

SunsetMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 10:00:28 PM »
OK, I understand. yes, multiple viewports would be great to have in lots of situations...perhaps someday. Unfortunately that requires quite a bit of architectural re-engineering, and we are in more of an "on-a-shoestring"-type situation =\

Understood, thanks. How about being able to pan and rotate while placing the base of a support? That might be helpful.