Author Topic: Beta 3.1.28  (Read 3236 times)

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Beta 3.1.28
« on: February 13, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »
Nice to see multiple materials in the scene!
I attach a collecting of materials I did some time ago (download attached .zip). Feel free to add it to the shaders library - maybe those are useful.

Unfortunately the different material definitions seem not to be saved in a .mix

EDIT: I could fix the following issue by setting some printer via the new ActivePrinter selection. So the issue below occured when no printer was set as active
Here I found some rendering issue though:
If I create a new object in MM (e.g. by duplicating a sphere or dropping a MESHMIX solid) only the original object or objects combined with the original are rendered properly if one rotates the cam (see RenderIssue.jpg). It does not matter if they share a common material or use different ones.
Maybe that's due to my GPU? The Logg says:

[System Information] Machine OS:OSX; Graphics Card Vendor : ATI Technologies Inc.; GLVersion : 2.1 ATI-1.40.16; Graphics Renderer : AMD Radeon HD 6970M OpenGL Engine;

and I get these warnings:

[Shader LinkLog]WARNING: Output of vertex shader 'halfVector' not read by fragment shader
WARNING: Output of vertex shader 'projPos' not read by fragment shader
WARNING: Output of vertex shader 'dist' not read by fragment shader
WARNING: Output of vertex shader 'backdiffuse' not read by fragment shader
WARNING: Output of vertex shader 'ambient' not read by fragment shader

I got this warnings using previous versions too (but I never could find something not working as expected)
Now I get a bunch of OpenGL errors. This is the very last and the end of the log:

[OPENGL ERROR] stack overflow
[EnableDrawSurfaceShader] OpenGL errors ocurrred:  OpenGL errors found
[Config::SetSelectedShaderName] set selected shader name to //PHONG
  [GraphicsViewScene3D::drawLastFrame blit] OpenGL errors found
  [GraphicsViewScene3D::drawLastFrame] blit failed, falling back to textured quad
  [GraphicsViewScene3D::drawLastFrame fbo] OpenGL errors found
[gaManager::onEventQueueUpdated] got return code 0, message

Multiple Import works fine even importing different formats in one go.  :)

Active Printer selection works fine. Is it possible to add a custom printer?
EDIT 2: Very big printers as the DeltaWASP 60 100: Sometimes the build volume is cut by a "to far off cam" clipping plane.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:10:32 PM by MagWeb »
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beta 3.1.28
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 02:07:35 PM »
In SCULPT the Volume/Surface toggle is broken since 3.0 if the object is a Complex. In this case one has to use the hotkeys 2 and 3  to switch between both modes.

For 3.1.28:
PerVertexColor isn't rendered properly any more: If one uses the Paint brushes it does not show the color also being in SurfaceColor mode.
If I switch to GroupColor and back to SurfaceColor I see that I actually painted before but hovering with the cursor over the painted area PerVertexColor disappears in a square around the cursor. Think the same happens during painting...
Had an analog issue setting rendering to ConstantColor in Preferences in former versions. There PerVertexColor appeared in a square around the cursor.
Update: Seems this happens only if there's a Complex in the scene - not that sure - still trying to nail that down....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 04:22:08 PM by MagWeb »
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:00:19 PM »
Ugh. Something weird is happening with OSX, 3.0 shaders seem to be semi-broken. It seems like Apple shipped an Intel or OpenGL update that does not play well with our shaders. Textures currently are not working at all on my macbook pro =\

For the Volume/Surface toggle, that was disabled on purpose. Volume brush has some awareness of Complex objects, but Surface brush does not (yet). Even for Volume brush it is kind of flaky...

Do the log OpenGL errors happen on startup, or is that after you use MM for a while? I do not see it on startup. Would be very helpful to be able to reproduce that.

The rendering problems you are seeing are perhaps because of the OpenGL errors. Once that happens, all bets are off. I do not see a problem with vtx color painting on my machine.

( Oh, just understood your edit...so this OpenGL error problem was only before you set a printer? Yes that was an oversight, I forgot to set a default, and so the code was broken )

created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 07:24:41 AM »
Here texture works fine on my IMac. Gonna check it on a different machine.

I can reproduce the OpenGL errors deleting meshmixer.ini.
Now the fresh MM starts without a printer selected.

The OpenGL errors do not happen at StartUp or creating a scene (e.g. opening the sphere) but as soon as you navigate the cam the log shows these errors (also one does not see it with a single object yet). As soon as you duplicate it and navigate the cam again, the error happens on the duplicate.

As soon as one sets a printer active, this fixes the issue for the current and following sessions.

BTW: Some chance to define a different printer than the offered?

For the Volume/Surface toggle, that was disabled on purpose. Volume brush has some awareness of Complex objects, but Surface brush does not (yet). Even for Volume brush it is kind of flaky...
SurfaceBrushing on Complexes does not seem to be that bad to me. But I have the Keyboard to switch to...

Vtx painting now works fine here too. ATM I'm not able to reproduce this wired behavior. Maybe this is related to the No-printer-issue above - (which also does different crazy actions as showing the SELECT brush as a green hexagon on the surface) ?

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 10:44:35 AM »
we don't have a way to add printers yet, to this new printer dialog. It is not using the same data source as the old one. I will try to include some way to do it, but it might be by editing text files...
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 12:01:21 PM »
Think some text file editing would be fine for in most cases one should have to do this one time only. This would give the possibility to add a new machine without waiting until it might find its way to be supported by MM directly.

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »
implemented yesterday =)

Unfortunately our mac build server is on the fritz, may not get this update out until next week.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 03:57:56 PM »
Great!

BTW: Hey, nice term "being on the fritz" - live is never ending learning.
My printer is on the fritz too - so from my side: No need to hurry.