Author Topic: Beta 3.1.16  (Read 1327 times)

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
Beta 3.1.16
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:46:58 AM »
- restored Replace property panel
- bugfix for cylinder frame in Fit Primitive
- added Height Field mode to Fit Primitive
- added resolution control to Fit Primitive
- added experimental Optimize Mesh tool. This tool tries to shift around the vertices so that upper and lower bounds on the internal triangle angles are enforced. This is important for finite-element simulations, as high-aspect-ratio triangles in the input surface mesh lead to problems in the volumetric tetrahedral mesh.
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beta 3.1.16
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:54:57 PM »
- added resolution control to Fit Primitive
Just noticed: MeshDensity does not work on a ConvexHull "Primitive". Maybe that's intended for this is no primitive in its either sense, but especially for this type splitting the long faces would be great to have.
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beta 3.1.16
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 11:25:34 AM »
Found an issue on SoftTransform which came with MM 3.0:

If I Transform a selection to get just a one triangle high extrusion from the base surface and I SoftTransform this selection again, 2.9.4 stretched the faces within the group created by the extrusion (which is was I expect) But SoftTransform in 3.0+ skips that group and deforms the base surface instead. If there are more than 1 "row of triangles" in the neighbor group SoftTransform woks as expected.
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.