Author Topic: Beta 3.1.7  (Read 2609 times)

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
Beta 3.1.7
« on: January 28, 2016, 02:00:34 PM »
- added Most-Recently-Used files list
- updated Booleans property panel (these were meant to be in 3.0! whoops!)
- added option to discard undo history under Edit menu
- 'd' hotkey now drops copies in DropSolid tool (only in Create new Object mode)
- changed version number in about box to show 3 instead of 11
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beta 3.1.7
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:44:06 PM »
Great!

Boolean at its best!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:48:49 PM by MagWeb »
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:07:34 PM »
@ RecentFile:
RecentFile works only right at launch. As soon as there's some scene it isn't active any more (which of course makes sense).
Would it be possible to use the same Recent list for Import too? Some "Import Recent"?

@ DiscardHistory:
Think a label like "DiscardUndoHistory" or "ClearUndoHistory" would be more self explaining (but maybe to long). ATM this clears the history immediately. Think some confirmation dialog here, explaining that you can't undo previous things any more would not be that bad.

@ "d" on DropSolids:
Just fine. - Not sure whether that's a "small improvement": Maybe its doable to add some "AutoDropSpacing"? Meaning some slider threshold which drops a duplicate automatically after the MESHMIX part was moved a geodesic distance (set by the AutoDropSpacing threshold in % of the part's current diameter-similar to Spacing in SCULPT/Surface) from the last drop (the first one done via "D")? Zero = NoAutoDrop.
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 05:11:59 PM »
so you are saying that after you load a scene you don't see the recent files list anymore? I do on Windows...maybe it is a mac thing...
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 05:35:20 AM »
Yes, here on OSX 10.11.3 the MM menu entry RecentFiles is greyed out as soon as you load a scene in any way. Other apps allow to access "recently used" lists also after some stuff is loaded - so it's not some basic limitation by OSX.

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 05:00:56 PM »
A handy small feature would be to allow to "C + modifier"-snap the virtual cam's orbit to a pivot ( e.g. to inspect an object from within based on an interior pivot)
(BTW: Seems setting the orbit to backfaces  (zoom in to go through the nearby clipping plane and set the orbit on the other side's backfaces) seems not to work any more)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:12:56 PM by MagWeb »