Author Topic: crash upon saving to file, can't detect makerware.  (Read 2640 times)

themoonisacheese

• View Profile
crash upon saving to file, can't detect makerware.
« on: June 25, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »
hi all.

I earlier had problems just opening a file, and it turn out i was just missing the installation directory.
now that that is done, the problem is that in the "print" screen, when clicking "export to makerware", it doesnt detect makerware, even though it's opened and definitely there.

now i thought "let's save it to a file and import it in makerware". turns out I cant do that, because I get a crash everytime I try:

Code: [Select]
[OpenGLManager::UnfreezeRenderLoop] restored context
[ActionHistory] Pushed Action Node: [MeshSO - SurfaceChanged]  (6579 kb)
meshmixer: /home/ara/Meshmixer/meshmixer/Src/meshmixer/a3dp/model/A3DPTool.cpp:2132: bool a3dp::A3DPTool::saveFile(QString, bool, bool): Assertion `ok == TLine::API_SUCCESS' failed.

[3]+  Aborted                 (core dumped) env LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8" meshmixer

I just reinstalled meshmixer, and i am running ubuntu 14.04.

also, when launching it with "sudo", meshmixer freezes at this point, but it doesnt crash.

thanks.

EDIT:
seeing
/home/ara/Meshmixer... in the console output made me think that maybe there is a hardcoded directory somewhere (as nobody has "ara" as their username on my computer), so I made a symlink from my home directory to a new "ara" directory:
~$ ln -s /home/olivier /home/arawhere "olivier" is my username.

that didn't work, and there is not even a "Meshmixer" directory (note the capital M) in my home directory.

the wierd thing is that it seems to compile or run code from that location, then fail at line 2132 of this A3DPTool.cpp file which is not even in a directory that exists!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:06:42 AM by themoonisacheese »

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
Re: crash upon saving to file, can't detect makerware.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 11:29:41 AM »
Sorry, this functionality doesn't seem to be working for Linux. You will need to export an STL and import it into Makerware.

It is not trying to use a hardcoded path. That output is part of the internal error reporting, for some reason it is included the path from the build machine in the internal error message string.
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting