Author Topic: Wake up and shoot the coffee  (Read 9207 times)

hieveryone

• View Profile
Wake up and shoot the coffee
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »
I made this sculpture to try the latest build of MM, using as an inspiration the cover of "Wake up and shoot the coffee" a parody comic starring the Pulverizer against Wulvoream.

The characters models have been sculpted mainly with sculptris but all the props (weapons, shells, claws, bags, mask, boots, slices and booleans) have been done in MM.

This version seem to be quite stable, the program didn't crashed not even once.
The difference booleans left every time some holes on sharp corners but the inspector had no problem in fixing those (unfortunately smoothing those areas in the process).

The slice works very good, but on complex models apparently the undo don't work as expected.
The cut plane appears but the model isn't affected anymore. On simpler forms it seems to work though.

Eventually I'll make some other test and post the images to show what I'm referring to and how to do it, and while I'm at it I'll try some of the other new functions I didn't need for this sculpture.

Nice work as usual RMS. ;)

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
Re: Wake up and shoot the coffee
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »
wow! I like it. I have been on a bug-bash lately, next update should have a lot of stability and small improvements. I will check on your cut-plane undo problem...feels like I actually found that myself, and fixed it, but I can't remember.

I'm curious...is sculptris still being developed, ie have there been any updates? I don't really follow its development, and from the website I can't tell if there are new versions.
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

hieveryone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
Thanks for your comment and your hard work. ;)

About sculptris, the alpha6 is the last version so far and at this point nobody's expecting any update in the near future.
The quad remesh shown 3 years ago never saw the light of day (unless it have been implemented in zbrush in some way, but I'm not a zbrush user yet so I can't say for certain).

MagWeb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »
Nice work hieveryone  :)

The only functionality that was implemented in Sculptris since it was bought was to link it to the new owner's flagship app and to port it to MAC.
It seems to me that quad remesh approach (BTW: the last post (10.22.10) of DrPetter up to now at the new Sculptis forum) was implemented as QRemesher in ZB.
When Sculptris 1.0 was released in May 2010 there was a ready, but still buggy feature. For this release DrPetter decided to cancel this. Think Tomas would not need 3 years to fix some bugs.
I'm just a user as you are. Being no Autodesk employee: I do not know where this road will lead to, nor do I claim to've all stuff got right.

RMS

• meshmixer founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • gradientspace
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:55:45 AM »
actually QRemesher is based on tech from a third party, Verold (it is a local Toronto startup). But I wonder if DrPetter's stuff is used in other areas (eg dynamesh)...
created meshmixer - now starting gradientspace - meshmixer consulting available http://www.gradientspace.com/consulting

iooizz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 03:02:42 AM »
I like to watch cartoons like you, it's great fun to relax.

Imled

• View Profile
Wake up and shoot the coffee
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 10:08:22 PM »
I was just looking at your post........Im 67 yrs old, how come you look so much better than I do ?? And your coffee smells so much better.........

PS

Thats not me in the pic.